Sunday, July 22, 2012

Welcome-Bienvenidos-Bienvenue-Benvinguts

Hello!

My name is Alex Dominguez. I have chosen to maintain this particular blog to entice anyone who is looking to get in touch with someone to hire for press writings, to keep people posted on things that I have written and/or published, or to simply entertain anyone who needs something good to read and just doesn't feel like going to the library, God bless them.

Well, where to start? My name is Alex Dom...well, I already said that. I first started to enjoy writing when I was just a lad in school, and had found my nose in a book most of the time. Granted, these were not always necessarily the books I needed to study out of, but I was able to expand not only a lexicon, but also a way of understanding the written word. And, besides, it made for excellent term papers when the time came to be. Although I didn't find myself doing particularly well in otherwise important areas such as Advanced Placement Physics or Trigonometry, I was able to take this enthusiasm and way of understanding with me to many different places. Those places would come to pass with the years. I had published my first work by the time I was 17. I had found work with an entertainment company that had held various shows in Hollywood, and is currently working with artists that are touring nationally. I had written songs for the numerous local LA bands that I had played in, most notably for the EP release of "4" from Chamomile First, a band that had played the Sunset Strip Music Festival in 2010. It could be that you were there yourself, but you didn't notice us because you had chosen to see Travie McCoy instead. I still love you.

That way has grown in many different roots, and it has taken me to where I currently am with the written word. Some people write for fun, some people write for money, I just write to write.  If I should be entrusted with an artist bio, let's say, I see it as my duty to explain as best as I can the beauty and imagery that runs through the particular artists music. Or, at the very least, to try and magnify what is good about the artist, if I should get put in a situation where I can't be perfectly honest. Hey, it is a writer's job to be as objective as possible and try to see the beauty in everything, instead of attacking anything with any preconceived notions. It is all about the experience, and that's what I like to bring out whether I write for someone else or write for myself. If I should be on the top of the highest peak of the Andes, or witnessing the abrupt and sudden fall of an powerful empire firsthand, or just taking in a great night out, I'd like for you to know what that feels like, as if you were there with me. A multitude of writing ignores that aspect, I choose to embrace it. We are fortunate to be in a world with such a large and wonderful canvas to gawk at and admire. Why not express accordingly?

I have always been particularly enthralled with music, as I had spent a good part of my life trying to make it in the industry before switching to other endeavors to pursue (such as writing). For this, you will find that a good deal of my work revolves around this, as I have been able to use this to meet a fair quantity of wonderful artists and people, and even make a little money in the process. Other areas of interest for me include art, literature, foreign languages (fluent in English and Spanish, currently studying French and Catalan), politics, football (the real kind), and good food, maybe even washed down with a good glass of beer and/or wine. I do keep a yelp page, hopefully it will find the eyes of a transplant in dire need of a delicious pasta in the Los Angeles area.

If there are any artists who are in need of a bio, any upstart company that is in need of press for a particular going on, or just a person with a story to tell, please get in contact with me. For your consideration, I have also enclosed samples of my work for anyone interested.


Alex Dominguez, Writer

LA Youth Magazine
November/December 2004 issue http://www.layouth.com/cd-reviews-15/
January/February 2005 issue (Cover Story) http://www.layouth.com/music-with-a-message/

Chamomile First, Pasadena/Los Angeles based Indie Rock Band
4 (EP), "Chamomile" 2010 http://chamomilefirst.bandcamp.com/album/4

JM West Entertainment
JM West Live Show Blog, October 2010-July 2011 http://spg-live.webs.com/apps/blog/

Nathalie Alice, Los Angeles based Jazz Musician
Press kit http://www.nathaliealice.com/presskit.pdf
Album notes, Migrane http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/nathaliealice13

Yelp blog
alexdominguez.yelp.com



No comments:

Post a Comment